Crowley ISD has successfully met all criteria determined by the Texas School Safety Center at Texas State University, in conjunction with the School Safety Task Force, to be awarded a school safety certificate.
“We are one of only 150 school districts in the state to receive this certification,” CISD Director of Safety and Security Pat Panek said. “It is a true testament to everyone in Crowley ISD, because at the end of the day, our objectives are simple - safety and security for our entire school community.”
• Prevention/Mitigation - steps taken to decrease the likelihood that an incident will occur or to reduce the loss of life or damage to property from any hazard or threat.
• Preparedness - steps taken to plan, equip, organize, train, exercise, evaluate and improve capabilities.
• Response - steps taken to resolve an incident.
• Recovery - steps taken to restore the learning environment and support functions.
• Drills - intended to practice and refine a single emergency response, such as evacuating for fire or locking down from a threat.