FLYER DISTRIBUTION GUIDELINES
The Crowley Independent School District cooperates with nonprofit community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students and staff by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar, a free online service for schools. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology and maintain fiscal responsibility, the district moved from paper to digital flyer deliver in August 2014. E-flyers are now be emailed directly to parents’ inboxes as well as posted online for easy access.Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.1. Distribution of Materials to Students
• The District will send home non-school literature electronically and post online through the District's partner, Peachjar. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
• The criteria for distribution of non-school literature as outlined below must be met for a flyer to be considered for approval:
• The group distributing the literature must be identified by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit [501(c)(3), 501(c)(4)] organization or an accredited educational institution. Proof of non-profit status is required upon request for approval.• The materials must involve age and/or developmentally appropriate activities for students and must clearly state that the activity is for students or students’ benefit.
• The flyer must not cause disruption of the operation and discipline of the school.
• The distribution of materials from for profit organizations or businesses to students shall not be allowed.• All flyers must contain the following statement:“This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by the Crowley Independent School District.”
To request flyer approval, non-profit organizations must follow the steps below.
1. Visit www.peachjar.com
2. Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
3. Upload flyer for approval.• Flyers will be automatically submitted to the district office. The Director of Communications and Marketing will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards contained herein. There is a small fee to distribute flyers through the Peachjar system but it is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
2. Distribution of Materials to Employees
• For-profit and non-profit materials can be made available to employees by approval of the Communications Office.
• Materials shall be placed in a central location in the lounge and/or workroom as determined by the principal.
• For-profit materials shall not be distributed through the teacher/employee boxes.
Questions? Please contact the Communications Office:Anthony Kirchner
Director of Communications & Marketing