May 2, 2020 Election
A general election will be held May 2, 2020 for the purpose of electing two School Board Trustees (Places 1 and 2) to serve on the Crowley ISD School Board.
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot is January 15, 2020. The filing deadline is 5 p.m. on February 14, 2020.
An application for a place on the ballot must be in writing; signed, sworn by the candidate before a person authorized to administer an oath, and dated; timely filed with the superintendent's secretary, Cathy Montalvo,; and contain specific information about the candidate:
- the candidate's name, date of birth, and occupation;
- the candidate's residence address or the address at which the candidate received mail with a decription of the location of the candidate's residence;
- the candidate's length of continuous residence in Texas and in the district as of the date the candidate swears to the application;
- if available, a public mailing address and email address at which the candidate receives correspondence, relating to the candidate's campaign;
- the office sought, inlcuding any place or other distinguishining number and an indication of whether the office sought is for a full or unexpired term;
- statements that the candidate is a U.S. citizen; has not been determined by a court to be mentally incapacitated; has not been convicted of a felony; is aware of the nepotism law; and swears an oath to support and defend the U.S. and Texas Constitution and laws.
Web: Candidate Filings Homepage
PDF: Election Information and Timeline
PDF: Eligibility requirements and frequently asked questions
PDF: Notice of Deadline To File Application