- Crowley Independent School District
2019 State Accountability Ratings
(August 15, 2019) – Crowley ISD is celebrating significant academic gains made by students in every school across the district as the Texas Education Agency (TEA) releases the 2019 accountability ratings. These ratings are one of the many tools Crowley ISD uses to identify targeted areas for academic improvement and to monitor student success.
Superintendent Dr. Michael McFarland said these improved scores are the result of dedicated educators, families and school board trustees who are committed to success for all students across the district.
“We are incredibly proud of the academic gains our students are making at every level,” McFarland said. “The district’s 13-point jump from 70 to 83 is significant and deserves celebration, but we know that our students and schools are much more than a letter grade. These standardized tests are important, but they are just one of the many tools we use in CISD to provide all students with excellence in education.”
• Gains in every tested area at every grade level over the last two years
• Both low-income and non-low-income student growth exceeds the state average
• English Language Learners (ELL) achievement outperforms the state average by double-digits
• Crowley High School: Comparative Academic Growth
• North Crowley High School: Science
• Summer Creek Middle School: Comparative Closing the Gap
• Mary Harris Intermediate School: English Language Arts/Reading, Comparative Academic Growth and Comparative Closing the Gaps
• Sue Crouch Intermediate School: English Language Arts/Reading and Mathematics
• Jackie Carden Elementary School: English Language Arts/Reading, Mathematics and Postsecondary Readiness
• Meadowcreek Elementary School: Mathematics
• Oakmont Elementary School: Mathematics and Comparative Closing the Gaps
• Sycamore Elementary School: Mathematics and Postsecondary Readiness
Opportunities for Continued Improvement
• Implementation of a new, knowledge-rich reading curriculum in kindergarten through 8th grade
• Continued implementation of an aligned writing process, kindergarten through 12th grade
• Continued focus on building a conceptual foundation of math concepts
• Use of new student monitoring tools to focus on individual student growth as well as overall performance
You can view Crowley ISD’s complete district and campus results from the TEA by visiting the following website: www.txschools.org.