The communications and marketing team champions the opportunities available to all students in Crowley ISD by building relationships, delivering clear and concise information and celebrating accomplishments throughout the district.
Crowley ISD Public Information Request (Open Records)
The Texas Public Information Act gives the public the right to request access to government information.
Making A Request
The Act is triggered when a person submits a written request to a government body. The request must ask for records or information already in existence. The Act does not require a governmental body to create new information, to do legal or other research, to answer questions, or to explain district decisions.
Charges To The Requestor
A person may ask to view the information, get copies of the information, or both. If a request is for copies of information, the governmental body may charge for the copies. If a request is only for an opportunity to inspect information, then usually the governmental body may not impose a charge on the requestor. However, under certain limited circumstances a governmental body may impose a charge for access to information. All charges imposed by a governmental body may for copies or for access to information, must comply with attorney general rules, unless another statute authorizes an agency to set its own charges.
Public information requests for school district records are to be filed with the CISD Administration.
A request can be submitted in one of four ways:
1. Personal appearance at the Crowley ISD Administration Building
Crowley ISD Administration Building 512 Peach Street Crowley, Texas 76036
2. Mailed requests can be addressed to:
Crowley ISD Administration Building
Attn: Public Information Request
512 Peach Street
Crowley, TX 76036
3. Faxed requests can be sent to 817-297-5205
Attn: Open Records
4. Emailed requests can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Open Records” in the subject line and a return email address
The requestor may complete an open records request form provided by the school district or submit any other written documentation that provides the requestor’s name and address, the requestor’s telephone number and a clear description of the documents requested.
PDF: Open Records Request Form
For additional information on the Texas Public Information Act, visit the Texas Attorney General’s website.
Homepage: Public Information Act Frequently Asked Questions
Crowley ISD will work cooperatively with the news media for coverage of issues, crisis, general news and events involving the district. Please respect the following CISD media guidelines that will ensure the integrity of our instructional day and allow us to provide consistent, accurate information to media representatives.
The following guidelines are in effect at all CISD facilities
• All media inquiries should be directed to the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing at the CISD Administration Building at 817-297-5281.
• The Executive Director of Communications and Marketing should be contacted when a representative of the media visits a facility. If the media visits a CISD facility without prior approval, he or she should be asked to leave and sent to the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing. The campus administrator will be notified to coordinate an appropriate time and campus contact person for media visits.
• Cameras/reporters will not be allowed inside the facility unless the appropriate staff members have been notified and it is determined that such a visit will not be disruptive.
• Photographs and video may be taken by the media at the discretion of the campus administrator/Public Information Officer.
• The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) must be followed at all times. Each campus has a list of students whose “directory information” (i.e. name, address, picture) cannot be released per the parent/guardian’s request.
• The Superintendent or his designee shall be the official spokesperson for CISD.
Your cooperation with this matter is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please contact Anthony Kirchner at 817-297-5281.
Social Media Guidelines
Welcome to Crowley ISD! Our social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, are managed by the Communications and Marketing Department. We hope you engage in conversation, share our content and more. We know everyone has a voice and we want to hear yours. Read through our Social Media Community Standards below to help ensure that everyone feels comfortable and safe in this space.
• We encourage your participation on our Facebook page. We ask that you exercise civility and good will in your communication. Any comments that are intentionally rude or deride the opinions of others will be removed.
• Comments will be limited to the topic of a specific posting made by the site administrator. Topics not introduced by the site administrator are not open for discussion on this page and are subject to deletion.
• Comments are not allowed if they include profanity, threatening words, bullying, vulgar or inappropriate language or content.
• Comments are not allowed if they include "hate speech" or offensive language that targets ethnic, religious or racial groups.
• Comments are not allowed if they include spam, advertisements or links to other sites. This includes advertisements for special offers or discounts for teachers, students or administrators.
• Comments are not allowed if they include private information about a student, parent, employee or community member.
• Board policy prohibits the discussion of complaints against specific District employees during an open forum. Since Facebook is considered an online open forum, those who violate that policy are subject to getting their comments removed.
• Photographs may not be posted, except by a site administrator.
• Media personnel seeking requests or responses to questions are asked to refrain from submitting questions as comments and send questions to the CISD Communications Department through the normal channels.
• CISD reserves the right to block users from posting on this page if they repeatedly violate our guidelines.
Flyer Distribution Guidelines
The Crowley Independent School District cooperates with nonprofit community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students and staff by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar, a free online service for schools.
As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology and maintain fiscal responsibility, the district moved from paper to digital flyer deliver in August 2014. E-flyers are now be emailed directly to parents’ inboxes as well as posted online for easy access.
Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
Distribution of Materials to Students
The District will send home non-school literature electronically and post online through the District's partner, Peachjar. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
The criteria for distribution of non-school literature as outlined below must be met for a flyer to be considered for approval:
• The group distributing the literature must be identified by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit [501(c)(3), 501(c)(4)] organization or an accredited educational institution. Proof of non-profit status is required upon request for approval.
• The materials must involve age and/or developmentally appropriate activities for students and must clearly state that the activity is for students or students’ benefit.
• The flyer must not cause disruption of the operation and discipline of the school.
• The distribution of materials from for profit organizations or businesses to students shall not be allowed.
• All flyers must contain the following statement: “This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by the Crowley Independent School District.”
To request flyer approval, non-profit organizations must follow the steps below.
1. Visit www.peachjar.com
2. Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
3. Upload flyer for approval.
Flyers will be automatically submitted to the district office. The Director of Communications and Marketing will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards contained herein. There is a small fee to distribute flyers through the Peachjar system but it is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Distribution of Materials to Employees
• For-profit and non-profit materials can be made available to employees by approval of the Communications Office.
• Materials shall be placed in a central location in the lounge and/or workroom as determined by the principal.
• For-profit materials shall not be distributed through the teacher/employee boxes.
Please contact the communications office:
Director of Communications and Marketing
Executive Director of Communications and Marketing
Director of Strategic Marketing and Student Recruitment
Director of Communications and Marketing
Webmaster/Digital Content Adminstrator