VOLUNTARY TRANSFER REQUESTS
The 2021 Voluntary Transfer Window is now open and will remain open for 4 weeks only
Friday, March 5, 2021 through Friday, April 2, 2021
Your name must be on the list for you to be considered for any voluntary transfer
A voluntary transfer is defined as a request for a lateral move (i.e. movement between the same/similar job titles and pay grades) or a move from a higher pay grade to a lower pay grade at another site or campus. This policy does not apply to promotion by title, salary increase, instructional stipend increase, or by increase in number of contract days.
A Voluntary Transfer Request Form must be submitted during the Voluntary Transfer Annual Window. By completing a transfer request during the voluntary transfer window, the employee will be considered eligible for openings that become available in the spring. Employees on the transfer list before the deadline remain eligible for transfer between campuses until June 11, 2021.
You will not be considered for any voluntary transfer if your name is not on the list. I encourage you to put your name on the list if you even think you want to be considered for a transfer if a desirable position becomes available.
Eligibility for transfer
- Must have worked in Crowley ISD for a minimum of 2 years
Exceptions will be made for:
- Any teacher that was involuntarily placed into their assignment due to enrollment shifts for the current year
- Must have appropriate certification for the position (Elementary teacher positions require ESL)
- Professional Employee’s eligibility: Professional employees who are on a growth plan or have documented performance concerns are NOT eligible.
Paraprofessional’s eligibility: Paraprofessional employees who have documented performance concerns are NOT eligible.
Application For Transfer
Step 1 – Complete a “Voluntary Transfer Request” application online during the transfer window via the following link: 2021 Voluntary Transfer Request Form.
The Voluntary Transfer Window will be open for four weeks only. The window will be open from March 5, 2021 through Friday, April 2, 2021.
The Human Resources department will review all applications for eligibility and prepare a master list of “Eligible Transfer Requests” for principals to view. Principals are responsible for verifying that an employee’s name is on the list before scheduling any interview. Non-eligible employees will be notified via email by the Human Resources department.
Step 2 – Create an internal application on the Crowley ISD online application system and apply for positions for which you are interested.
- The Voluntary Transfer Request allows an employee to be considered for openings. Requesting a transfer does not guarantee that a change in assignment will occur.
- Employees who request transfers are given consideration but are not guaranteed an interview. If selected for an interview, the principal/hiring manager will contact you directly.
- Administrator transfer requests will be handled through the office of the Deputy Superintendent of School Improvement and do not need to go through the transfer list process.
- Any exceptions to these procedures must be approved through the office of the Deputy Superintendent of School Improvement.
Crowley ISD Human Resources Coordinator, Operations