Where can I find a book?
Crowley ISD students can check out books on their mobile devices (phones, tablets, or Kindle app) from Crowley ISD Digital Library via the SORA app.
1. Go to your mobile device’s app store and download the SORA app.
2. Once downloaded, search for Crowley ISD. Use your student ID number for both sign-in fields.
North Texas Libraries on the Go Overdrive
Crowley ISD students can also check out books from the website North Texas Libraries on the Go
via the Overdrive app.
1. Go to your mobile device's app store and download the Overdrive app.
2. Once downloaded, search for Crowley ISD. Use your student I.D. number for both sign-in fields.
Once you download a book, you will have it on your device for two weeks. If needed, you can recheck the book. After two weeks, it will automatically be returned for you. If you have a Crowley or Fort Worth Public Library card, you can download books from them as well via Overdrive.
Crowley Public Library Teen Summer Reading Club
If you are between the ages of 12-18, then sign up at the library to participate in our Teen Reading Program. Bring your friends and join us for free and exciting events every Wednesday during the summer. From yoga to water wars, there is something for everyone to enjoy at the library!Website
: Crowley Public Library Teen Summer Reading Club
A large collection of free online books are available at the following website. This site encourages everyone to discover the world of books. You'll find a variety of free teen reading resources to explore and enjoy.Website
The Lexile “Find a Book” tool is a fun and easy way to select books based on a child’s Lexile measure (reading level) and interests. You can use this free search tool to build custom lists for readers of all ability levels and then locate your selections at the local public library.
Visit the following website: www.lexile.com/fab
• Enter a student's Lexile measure. If you do not know the student’s Lexile measure, you can search for books based on his or her comfort with grade-level materials.
• Have students pick interest categories.
• View and refine the search results. As you browse books, click the “Find in a Library” button next to the book titles to check its availability at your public library.
• Add books to a student’s reading list.
You can print or email the student’s custom book list.
Additional Reading Lists