BECOME A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
Thank you for your interest in substituting for Crowley Independent School District and becoming a substitute teacher.
Our substitute teachers are an important educational component in our schools and we appreciate your efforts in helping to facilitate the learning process. Whether you are a returning substitute or applying for the first time, we want your experience in Crowley ISD to be a positive one for both you and the students.
Information located on this site is provided to help you navigate through our substitute system and to provide answers to questions you may have regarding your ultimate substitute experience.Congratulations on your decision to impact students in the educational environment.
How to Become a Substitute Teacher
1. Complete an online substitute teacher application.
2. Once you have submitted a substitute teacher application, a member of Human Resources will contact you.
3. If you have not been fingerprinted through the State Board of Educator Certification, you will be uploaded and fingerprinting information will be emailed to you.
4. Once you have been cleared through fingerprinting, you will be sent a New Hire Packet.
5. After the New Hire Packet has been completed, an email with instructions on completing Compliance Training will be sent to you.
6. Once all Compliance Training is complete, Human Resources will contact you and schedule an Onboarding appointment.
The following documents will be requested at the time of your onboarding:
Incentives for serving Crowley ISD as a substitute teacherPay rate: The daily rate of pay for substitute teachers in CISD is based on the applicant's educational qualifications. The qualifications are determined by official transcripts in addition to proof of certification if applicable. Rates are as follows:
- Two forms of identification to complete the I-9
- Official College Transcript or High School Diploma
- Voided check for direct deposit or form from your bank for direct deposit
Non-certified: $70 per day
Degreed (bachelors or higher): $80 per day
Certified (Standard Texas Certificate): $85 per day
*Plus $10 per day for Crowley Learning Center and hard-to-fill Special Education positions.
Health benefits: Eligible substitutes may enroll in TRS-ActiveCare health benefits if the district reasonably expects the substitute to work at least 10 hours a week.
Flexible scheduling: You can choose when and where you work. You can work in your child/grandchild’s school or choose campuses close to home. If spots are open, you could work every school day of the year.
Join our family: Your service will make an impact in the life of a student and you become a member of the Crowley ISD community.
The minimum requirements to apply include a GED or high school diploma. Previous classroom experience is preferred, but not mandatory. Substitute teachers must be 21 years of age for high school assignments.QUESTIONS? Contact CISD Sub Coordinator Theresa Gonzales at 817-297-5218 or email@example.com.