SAFETY AND SECURITY
At Crowley ISD, we are dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for the students, faculty, staff and visitors on our campuses. In order to support that commitment, we have a comprehensive emergency operations plan that addresses emergency mitigation/prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery procedures relevant to natural and human-caused disasters.
The plan is updated annually, reviewed by staff as well as emergency response personnel, and shared with campus and department staff, and with other individuals who may have a role in the event of an emergency. The plan prepares our staff and students for action and establishes teams, chains of command, and specific steps to take in an emergency situation. We are ready to provide for the safety and security of your children and others if the need ever arises.
As part of the plan, each campus practices fire, evacuation, reverse evacuation, exterior lockdown, full lockdown, safe shelter and bad weather drills throughout the year. This allows our district administrators to be sure that faculty/staff and students know the correct procedures in the event of an emergency.
Additionally, at Crowley ISD, we are in partnership with local law enforcement agencies who provide school resource officers for our campuses.
PROGRAMS TO ENSURE SCHOOL SAFETY
As a district, we have in place several programs to ensure schools are safe. These include:
• An emergency response coordinator and district and campus safety teams
• ID badges for employees as well as contracted service providers (cafeteria, bus, etc.), students and visitors while on district property
• Visitor check-in softwareEmergency operations plans
• School resource officers
• Security guards (high schools)
• Safety drills
• For each campus: facility security measures, updated employee emergency call lists, and an inventory of emergency supplies and equipment, and an emergency response team with identified duties.
Message to Parents