The Crowley Independent School District Board of Trustees has named Dr. Michael D. McFarland as the superintendent of schools. The Board conducted nationwide a search for an outstanding educator and administrator to serve in this role. The Board contracted with Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates (HYA) to conduct the search.
Working with HYA, the Board of Trustees has laid out a timeline for interviewing and ultimately hiring a new Superintendent of Schools.
• School Board discusses transition process and selection of superintendent search firm.
• School Board selects HYA to conduct superintendent search.
• Online survey administered to staff, parents and community.
• Town hall forums held for community input.
• School Board determines criteria for candidates. Leadership Profile
• State and national promotion of open position commences inviting candidate applications. Adverstisement (PDF)
• School Board meets with search firm to identify candidates.
• School Board conducts candidate interviews.
• School Board announces lone finalist.
• Begin 21-day waiting period for official employment and contract execution
Crowley ISD is collecting input from all stakeholders as we seek to hire a new Superintendent.
The search firm (HYA) has held community meetings, met with a variety of stakeholder groups and conducted an online survey to learn what characteristics and qualifications our community desires to see in the next Superintendent.
Crowley ISD Snapshot
Crowley ISD has 23 schools and 15,261 students. The school district employs more than 1,800 people throughout two high schools, two ninth-grade campuses, three middle schools, four intermediate schools, ten elementary schools, one career tech center, one alternative education camps and one employee child development center. Read more about Crowley ISD.
The district serves the city of Crowley, southwest Fort Worth and portions of Johnson County. More than one-third (9.7 miles) of the new Chisholm Trail Parkway runs through Crowley ISD. Enrollment in Crowley ISD has more than doubled in the last 15 years and is expected to increase with the new residential and commercial development along the Chisholm Trail Parkway.
Crowley ISD exceeds state standards in all four of the key academic indexes in the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) with campuses receiving 15 distinction designations in 2016. Crowley ISD 2015-16 TAPR
Tarrant County College operates a satellite campus inside one the district’s schools, allowing students to take dual-credit courses during the school day.
The district’s new MyChoice Programs offer a variety of academies inside traditional schools including fine arts, STEM, leadership and early college high school.
Crowley ISD operates within a general fund budget of $130.1 million and debt service budget of $25.3 million (2016-17 fiscal year). The school district tax rate is $1.65 ($1.17 M&O and $0.48 I&S). The community supported passage of a 13 cent tax ratification election (TRE) in 2012.