New Hire Benefits Enrollment
Benefits Enrollment For New Hires
• A Primary Care Physician must be elected for the Primary and Primary+ plans or one will be chosen for you by BCBS.
• All employees must ENROLL or DECLINE Crowley ISD Health Insurance.
• New employees have 31 days from their first day of actual, on-the-job employment to complete benefits enrollment.
• If enrollment period is missed, changes/enrollment can only be made within 31 days of experiencing a qualifying event.
• Qualifying Events include: child birth, marriage, divorce, court order, spouse job change, etc.
• Coverage will be effective the first day of the month following the start date.
• CISD benefits plan year runs September 1 through August 31.
• Important: The Primary and Primary+ plans are statewide coverage only.
• For example, a child attending college out of state may not be covered by this plan.
• All employees must enter their dependent/spouse information – even if declining – to have access to the CISD Employee Health Clinic.
TBX Portal Login Information
• CISD Benefits Portal login information will be sent through email from TBX – The Benefits Expert (be sure to check spam).
• Please be aware you will not be able to enroll in the employee benefits portal prior to receiving the email.
To Access TBX Employee Benefits Website
Portal: TBX Benefits Portal
Login ID: Full SSN (no dashes)
PIN: Last four digits of SSN & last two digits of birth year.
Enrollment Assistance will be available through a CALL CENTER ONLY and will NOT be available IN PERSON this year due to COVID-19. The call center will be open on Wednesday, July 15 and run through Wednesday, August 12.
Open Enrollment Call Center
Wednesday, July 15 through Wednesday, August 12
Monday through Friday
Time: 8:30 a.m. through 4:45 p.m.
TRS ActiveCare Enrollment Information
CISD contributes $225 towards all full-time employees monthly premium. When reviewing the TRS website, please deduct $225 from the full monthly premium.
Other Important Links
Homepage: 2020-2021 TRS ActiveCare Rates
Homepage: 2020-2021 TRS ActiveCare Plan Highlights
Homepage: BCBS Provider Finder
Homepage: 2020-2021 TRS ActiveCare Whats New, What’s Changing
Homepage: TRS ActiveCare Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Homepage: Scott & White HMO Plan Highlights